Although fall is just around the corner, there’s still enough heat (especially if you live in the South) at night to make you wish for a blast of cool air. While you could crank your air conditioner up high to keep your bedroom (and your bed in particular), there are other things you can do to your bed to keep cool.
One of the simplest things you can do is change your bed sheets.
Your bed sheets may not get a lot of attention when it comes with your bed. That’s understandable. bed sheets usually aren’t the sexiest part of your bed. If you want to get the most comfort of your bed, you might want to pay a little more attention to what you’re putting on your bed.
If it’s time to upgrade your bed sheets, I’ve got four options perfectly designed to keep you cool, comfortable, and looking awesome while you sleep.
Ready? Let’s go.
Best Cooling Sheets Reviews of 2021
1. Classic Bamboo Sheets by Cariloha
Best bamboo cooling sheets
What We Love About Them:
- Eco-friendly Fabric: Made of breathable and comfortable natural fibers (bamboo)
- Unique Design Pattern: Uses twill pattern which provides more content and comfort
- Lifetime Guarantee: Get an exchange if you’re not 100% satisfied
- Diverse array of colors: Colors range from ivory to sandy shore
The Classic Bamboo Sheets is a 4-piece bedding set from Cariloha come with two sheets (flat and fitted) and two pillowcases that will offer extreme comfort and durability for just about every bed. Because it is made from natural fibers (bamboo), this bedding material is designed to be both softer and more durable than cotton. (Try 2x softer than cotton and three degrees cooler.)
The unique structure of theseis definitely something you should consider while looking at this bed because it’s made in a twill pattern. Unless you’re a bedding expert or really into textiles, you probably don’t know what “twill” is, so let me explain. Twill is a diagonal pattern created when the weaver passes a thread up and under threads to create a distinctive sideways pattern on the bed. This pattern makes the sheet even softer than the usual plain-weave patterns that you see on the beds.
Besides being designed for comfort, the sheets in this 4-piece set are also designed to be more elastic. The sheets in this bed include more thread counts. Thread counts represent the number of threads in a square inch of a fabric. Many consumers (OK, only consumers who were told about it) believe that a higher thread count in bedding material means better quality.
That’s not entirely true.
You want bed sheets that have a balance between comfort and structure. At a 250-thread count, these sheets from Cariloha offer the perfect balance. You get elastic sheets don’t feel like they’re overstuffed with material.
In other words, sleeping on one of these sheets feels like sleeping on a well-shaped and durable cloud.
NOTE: Depending on the type of friends you have, they may or may not be interested in your stories about your sheet’s thread count and twill structure.
2. Nestl Sheets
Best microfiber cooling bed sheets
What We Love About Them:
- Double-brushed Microfiber: Provides expensive hotel feel without the cost of a hotel room
- Large assortment of colors: Four-piece set available with over 30+ colors
- Wrinkle-resistant: Able to wash sheets and dry without wrinkles, fade, or stains
- Hypo-allergenic/Anti-bacterial: Keeps bacteria and allergens away
If you are looking to get the feel of sleeping on a clean,without paying the cost of a luxury hotel room, then look no further than the 1800 collection from Nestl Bedding. This extremely affordable bed set includes 2 extremely comfortable bed sheets and built right into it. Featuring over thirty color varieties, this bed set will look and feel great in your room.
Keeping your 4-piece bed set from Nestl’s 1800 collection shouldn’t be too hard because it is wrinkle-resistant, stain-resistant, and fade-resistant. On top of that, it’s machine-washable. All you have to do is pop the sheets or pillow into the washing machine. If you are concerned about allergens or germs, the microfibers in the fabric can take care of that. (Well, 99% of it.)
No matter what you are looking for in a bed (comfort, cleanliness, or variety), this bedding set has everything you need to make you think you’re sleeping in a hotel bed without having to pay the check-in fee.
3. Luxury Bed Sheets by Zen Bedding
Best luxury cooling sheets for night sweats
What We Love About Them:
- Bamboo-Microfiber Blend: Unique blend of microfiber and bamboo-derived rayon that combines best of both fabrics
- Luxurious Design for Cheap Cost: Look luxurious without having to pay the luxury price tag
- Easy to Keep Clean: Wrinkle-resistant & machine-washable
- 30-Day Guarantee: Get a return if you are unhappy.
Zen Bedding offers the best of both worlds, the breathability and allergen-fighting nature of bamboo with the durability and comfort of cotton. This 4-piece bed set features fabric that is 60% rayon derived from bamboo and 40% cotton. What you end up with is a bed set that lasts a long time, but also feels like a dream to sleep on.
This bedding set is designed to make you look and feel like you’re getting special treatment from a luxury hotel. It starts off with the various colors offered (including luxury blue, navy blue, sky blue, and gold) and continues with the high-quality brushed microfiber/bamboo fabric designed to leave you feeling comfortable and cool at the same time. That feeling continues when it comes to washing your pillows and bed sheets.
You don’t need to waste your time trying to get unsightly sights from your bed. (Trust me on this, your bed will get weird stains from an unknown origin). Instead, just pop those sheets into the washing machine. A stain, however, would have a hard time getting on your pillows or bed sheets. The bedding set is hypoallergenic, stain-resistant, and hates wrinkles.
4. 300-Thread-Count Percale Sheets by Pinzon
Best cotton cooling sheets
What We Love About Them:
- Percale Weaved Fabric: Historic imported fabric known for its soft feel and elegant look
- Softens After Wash: Percale starts off crisp but softens after each wash
- 300-Thread Count: Perfect for comfort and optimized for durability
- Oeko-Tex Certified Sheets: Bedding material deemed safe by independent group
If you are looking for the 100% cotton feel and an interesting story to tell your friends, the Pinzon 300-thread count sheet set might do the trick. This bed set is made of 100% cotton utilizing percale weave, a special weave pattern that was imported to Europe from India.
Assuming that your friends still want to listen to you after you mention that your bed is made of a percale weave, you can tell them a couple of things about it. You can tell them that percale may originate from the Persian word “pargalah,”, which is supposed to mean “rag”. You would smile, though, because this bed sheet is far from a rag.
You can go on to tell your interested friends that the percale method of weave got the attention of French weavers who were intrigued by the way the threads were singularly woven together to create an intricate pattern. You can also tell them that percale is extremely breathable with 100% cotton and that percale must have at least an 180 thread count. In addition, you can let them feel how cool the sheets are to the touch.
The one thing you don’t have to tell your friends is the price.
Buying Guide To Choosing The Right Bed Sheets
OK, so you might be interested in getting another bed sheet. (I’m guessing that your bed sheet probably seems infinitely boring compared to the ones on this page!).
You go online or go in person to a store, but you don’t know what your next step should be.
No problem! Here’s what you need to look out for:
- Find the Right Weave: Most bed sheets are made with percale, twill, plain-stitch, or sateen weaves. Each of these weaves has different properties (percale feels really smooth and twill feels more fluffy) that you may want to pay attention to if you are looking for a certain feel.
- Watch Your Thread Count: As mentioned above, thread count is the number of threads in a square inch of fabric. The controversy revolves around how that thread count is achieved. In general, take some feeling bed sheets with different thread counts to see what works for you.
- Know Your Fibers: Your choice of fibers depends on the most important qualities that you want to focus on.if you want a breathable fabric, cotton is best. For a hypo-allergenic fabric, synthetic is best. If you want to combine the features of comfort and a hypoallergenic fabric, you can get a natural-synthetic blend (like ).
- Take Good Care of Your Sheets: Every bed sheet needs care, some more than others. Take some time to check the manufacturer’s guidance on washing and drying the bed sheets. This will prepare you in advance for the kind of care your bedding will need.
- Get the Right Fit: For most standard beds, this isn’t a problem. Fitted sheets are designed to cover most beds. If your bed has some weird dimensions, you might consider deep pockets to get a comfortable fit.
Beyond that, the next considerations you may have about your bedding are cost and style. It may take a look time to find the bed set that works for you, but it is worth it. Nothing, and I mean nothing, means having a relaxing and comfortable place to sleep!