Stomach sleepers can experience pain in the lower back and neck area, often waking up with pains in the middle section or some other parts of the body. These risks can be reduced when special pillows, developed to assist the stomach region during sleep, are applied.
The ideal pillow for stomach sleepers must be soft and stackable, in order to support the stomach area, it must also possess a custom-fit size and not trigger any allergic reaction.
Buyer’s Guide: Best Pillow For Stomach Sleepers
There are quite a number of factors or tips and ideas you can rely on when buying a pillow for a stomach sleeper, these include the following.
#1: The thinner, the better
This may not always be the case, but you definitely need a pillow that will not put pressure on your back, but will support your stomach without pushing your body upwards too much. Thinner pillows have been found to provide better results when it comes to supporting stomach sleepers.
#2: Consider the materials
The material used in the making of a pillow is very important. New technologies have changed the ways pillows are designed. Memory foams can be suitable for people who suffer from allergic reactions, foams are ideal ventilated, hence air circulation can be increased during sleep. Polyesters can also make good pillow materials, they are durable and washable, but can be more expensive.
#3: Consider your sleep pattern
We all love to sleep on the sides but end up sleeping on our backs or stomachs. If you are good in sleeping on the side, then placing a pillow in-between your knees can be ideal for you, if you sleep on the stomach, then you need to avoid the use of thicker pillows, because thick pillows will cause your head to push forward, hence you need a thinner pillow if you constantly sleep on your belly.
Other factors such as quality, shape and size may not matter but you may go for anything that caught your fancy, after considering all other factors.
Best Pillows for Stomach Sleepers Reviews of 2022
The Pancake Pillow is one of the best pillows for stomach sleepers and comes with stellar reviews on Amazon and other home good stores. The main benefit of this pillow is that it isn’t as firm as other thin pillows marketed for stomach sleepers.
The pillow comes with the following features that simply makes it one of the best thin pillows on the market.
- Adjustable layers that can fit every user, including side sleepers, and back sleepers.
- Comes with an outer case made of 100% cotton,
- Measures 18 x 26 inches for standard or queen sizes,
- Comes with 6 stackable inner layers that are custom fit for different heights,
- It is hypoallergenic and also comes with micro-fiber fill.
The five star luxury finishing of this pillow, makes it very suitable for everyone.
The extra soft down pillow from Downlite is a goldmine of a pillow. It is specifically designed and geared towards stomach sleepers in particular who need a pillow that is flat, doesn’t get hot and improves the quality of sleep. This super-soft and hypoallergenic face-down pillow provides flatness at the chin area but fluffiness to support the exposed part of the back and neck.
- So soft it compresses down to being flat as a pancake,
- Doesn’t lose shape and will fluff back after a night’s rest,
- Machine washable and dryable,
- Made with duck down so it lasts longer and is more resilient than feathers plus no quills to poke you,
- Stellar reviews on Amazon from both stomach and side sleepers alike.
This is the pillow you should go for if you want to stop those neck and back pains caused by sleeping on your stomach. This pillow offers extreme comfort, is made from shredded memory foam with Kool-Flow(tm) Bamboo Cover. This means your pillow won’t go lumpy or flat and the cover helps keep your face cool at night. And, as most stomach sleepers know, that’s vital, since sleeping on your stomach can get pretty hot.
- Certified for its durability,
- Comes with Bamboo shredded memory foam, alongside vented bamboo cover ,
- It is dust and mite resistant, and the bamboo cover promotes breathability and ventilation when using the pillow.
- Comes with a 30-day money back guaranty plus a 6 year manufacturer warranty.
This pillow for stomach sleepers is feature-packed, it is memory-foam so it doesn’t lose its shape, comes with a zipper removable outer cover to allow for easy adjustment of thickness and comfort and conforms to your neck and head for proper orthopedic support.
Aside from those sleeping on their stomach, Snuggle-Pedic is also ideal for back, side and pregnant sleepers. Other features that make this pillow desirable include the following.
- The memory foam is hypoallergenic, anti-bacterial, and resistant to bed bugs,
- Since the pillow comes with a zipper you can adjust the filling and reduce its buoyancy by removing some until you find your level of comfort,
- It comes with a Kool-Flow micro-vented bamboo cover which drastically increases the airflow around your face for a better night’s sleep,
- The shredded foam is manufactured in the U.S.A. from a proprietary mix of Biogreen and Certipur-U.S. foam that comes from the foam used on their elite mattresses,
- It comes with a 90-day money back guarantee and is customized if it doesn’t suit!
The premium adjustable loft of this pillow makes it unique in every way. The shredded foams are hypo-allergenic, while the outer fabric is washable and removable because it is made from a cooling bamboo made from rayon material. The Coop Home Goods memory foam pillow is another top choice for the best thin pillows on the market, and it’s particularly good for stomach sleepers.
- It made up of 60% polyester and 40% rayon materials ,
- It is completely adjustable, and the reason being that it comes with elastic shredded Visco memory foam. You can add or remove some foam to adjust its comfort levels.
- It is flame or mercury resistant, and has been certified by accrediting pillow testing laboratories to be safe for humans and pets.
- It is hypo-allergenic, and dust-resistant, likewise, it is completely washable in the machine.
- It comes with 5 year manufacturer warranty.
If you want to improve the quality of your sleep, you may need to change your pillow. If you typically spend the majority of the night on your belly, shopping for the right pillow is key!
When choosing the absolute best pillow for stomach sleepers, you may want to go for a pillow that will enhance circulation and ventilation, to ensure that you breathe properly during sleep. In addition to this, a bed bug resistant pillow is also desirable, because it increases comfort during sleep. You may want to choose a pillow with a cover that is machine washable, because such covers can be removed and sun-dried at any time, making their maintenance easier.
The best stomach sleeper pillow is not necessarily the most expensive, neither is it the cheapest. Your comfort should come first when choosing the ideal pillow for your sleeping needs and to prevent neck pain! After testing 11 pillows we were impressed with these top 5 for comfort and support with our favorite being the Pancake Pillow.