Side sleeping is the best sleeping position you want to maintain, unfortunately, only few people end up sleeping on their sides, as most people end up sleeping on their back or stomach. The ideal pillow must come with adjustable loft, because it helps you adjust the comfort levels of the pillow until you achieve something that meets up with your body needs.
Buying guide: best pillow for the side sleepers
Just like any other pillow type, pillows designed for side sleepers must be chosen with caution, and the most important factors you should consider before making your final choices are:
Pillows for side sleepers come in different prices, you can find some as low as $25 and some as high as $200. If you are paying high for a pillow, you need to be sure you are investing in top quality, this means the pillow must meet the standards or certification on emission, durability and resistance to undesirable elements such as bugs.
#2: The materials
New technology has witnessed the use of modern materials such as cooling bamboo covered in rayon cover queen, which makes the loft of the pillow adjustable for different comfort levels. Excellent materials such as memory foams are also suitable because they are hypoallergenic, and the reason being that they don’t absorb dusts, while synthetic polyester materials are also durable and hypoallergenic but can be very expensive.
#1. Review of Coop Home Goods Pillow (Best Memory Foam Pillow for Side sleepers)
This is a shredded memory foam with adjustable loft, the material comprises of shredded hypoallergenic memory foam while the outer material is made up of a cooling bamboo made from rayon cover queen.
The pillow adjusts to your body shape and position, it does not retain heat and is supportive and firm. With raving reviews from satisfied customers, it’s easy to see why it’s frequently listed as a best seller.
If you are a side sleeper who frequently switches sides and looking for a consistent pillow that provides proper alignment and comfort throughout the night, you might want to give this pillow serious consideration!
- It is 100% adjustable to your sleep preferences, it is custom made, hence it is suitable for side sleepers, back, and stomach sleepers.
- Dust and mite resistant, it is also machine washable and,
- Comes with a 5 year manufacturer warranty.
#2. Review of Snuggle Pedic Bamboo Memory Foam Pillow (best premium pillow for side sleepers)
This is a super luxury foam pillow for side sleepers. As expected, this bamboo memory foam pillow comes in shredded form in combination with adjustable fit and zipper plus a micro-vented cover. The memory foam in this pillow will never go flat, while the extra-breathable cover will promote air circulation and ventilation during sleep.
Snuggle Pedic Memory Foam is another highly rated pillow with plenty of happy buyers and stellar reviews and in particular from side sleepers.
- Orthopedic support, suitable for the neck, sides, stomach and the back the outer cover also provides opportunity to adjust the pillow for maximum comfort.
- Accredited by consumer product safety organizations, for its flame, and heavy metal- retarding features.
- 90 day return plus 20 year manufacturer warranty.
#3. Review of Mediflow Waterbase Pillow (Best pillow for side sleepers under $50)
This pillow has been clinically proven to induce and support sleep in four different ways, to reduce the risks of neck injuries.
The pillow is fully adjustable for any user, hence the firmness can be varied.
If you never tried a water-based pillow, give this pillow a try, you might be pleasantly surprised.
- Responds to body movement automatically and adjusts accordingly.
- It comes with a water base structure that ensures the ideal softness you desire, hence there will be no interruptions to your sleep. This also ensures that your neck and other pressure points are protected.
- Comes with a 30-day money back guaranty plus 1 year manufacturer warranty.
- Comes with hypo-allergenic fiber-filling that also works with an easy-to-fill water pouch, therefore you can be rest assured of a luxurious sleep.
#4. Review of five star Down Alternative Pillow (Best budget Side Sleepers PIllow)
The down alternative pillow by Five Star is one of the best 100% cotton made pillows for side sleepers.
It is soft and plush feeling with extra thick filling maximizing the amount of support for your neck and head. The 100% cotton material is as soft as a feather pillow ensuring a great night’s sleep in sublime luxury.
- Does not come with a vacuum sealing, unlike other pillows, and it comes with a clear-plastic carrying case.
- Filled with micro-fibers and super-thin for complete comfort.
- It is completely machine washable, the fiber will remain in place and the pillow case can be washed under the cool settings of the machine.
- Comes with a limited manufacturer warranty.
#5. Review of Good Life- Shredded Memory Foam pillow (Best pillow under $40)
This pillow is available in three different sizes; the King, queen, and standard. It comes with a breathable 50% bamboo material cover for excellent air circulation. The entire pillow comprises of superior quality and durable materials and it is a pillow that will never go flat under different conditions.
- Custom orthopedic support for the neck, back and stomach, this will reduce tossing and turning.
- Made with shredded memory foam materials and are vacuum sealed for excellent protection.
- It alleviates snoring, migraines, and insomnia, in addition to inducing quiet and wonderful sleep.
- The pillow materials are completely machine washable.
- You will get 1 extra, if you buy 4, and the pillow comes with manufacturer warranty.
So, what’s the best side-sleeper pillow for you?
It is important that you get support for sleeping in the proper manner. Sleeping on your sides come with numerous health benefits, it helps you reduce the risk of snoring, hence you can reduce chances of insomnia and migraines.
Aside from choosing the right pillow for your side sleep, it is also important that you position your pillow properly, according to the direction provided in the pillow’s manual (most manufacturers will provide users with directions or guidance on how to make use of the pillows for side sleepers). In most cases, side sleepers’ pillows can also be used by other types of sleepers, most especially the back and stomach sleepers.
It it important to go for pillows with machine washable outer materials, and the reason being that such materials can be easily maintained over a long period of time. Price should be the last factor to consider when choosing the ideal product, however, comfort and quality must also play important roles when making the final decision.
Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links.
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers with Lower Back or Shoulder Pain