Do you ever stop to think about just how much time you spend in your bed? The average person will spend at least 9 hours a day in bed, which comes out to an average of 26 years of your life sleeping.
With so much time spent in one place, it makes sense to elevate your sleep hygiene to get the best rest possible. That is possible with the help of an adjustable bed.
Did you know that of those 26 years, the average person will waste 7 years trying to fall asleep? This is often the result of poor sleep hygiene, bad mattresses, or simply, uncomfortable beds.
Adjustable beds have a more angled sleeping position that increases airflow, leading to better sleep and can help with snoring, asthma and sleep apnea.
If you are curious, which adjustable bed base is the best on the market…. we can help!
Keep reading to find out which model will be most effective in helping you reclaim your lost time and sleep better.
The Best Adjustable Bed Frame
|Nectar||Twin XL, Queen, Full, Split King||Wireless||3 Years||$849-$1698|
|Amerisleep||Twin XL, Full, Queen, Cal King and Split King||Wireless||10 Years||$1800 – $3000|
|Leesa||Twin XL, Queen, Cal King, Split King||Wireless||1,3, 25 Years||$1299-$2598|
|PlushBeds||Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King, Split King, Split Cal King||Wireless||20 Years||$2405-$3811|
|GhostBed||Twin XL, Queen, Split King||Wireless||Lifetime||$1499-$2998|
Reviews of Adjustable Beds: Must-Know Buy Tips
Shopping for furniture takes time and planning. The same is true when it comes to shopping for an adjustable bed. While an adjustable bed is in essence the same as a regular bed, there are some things you should take into consideration.
- Think about the type of adjustable bed you plan to buy. Will you purchase an electric bed or will you be purchasing a manual model? Most consumers will choose an automated model because hand-cranking an adjustable can be difficult if you are physically impaired. Assuming that you will be buying an electric model, there are other aspects to think about.
- Some adjustable bases will come already assembled while others will need to be put together post-purchase. If you are able-bodied, chances are you can put it together yourself. If you need help, then it will be a good idea to find a dealer that will offer assembly along with your purchase.
- The aesthetics of the bed also play a big role in your purchase decision. Adjustable beds are bulkier than traditional beds so you will need to keep that in mind when choosing a bed. There are plenty of stylish options on the market to choose from. In many cases, you can use your existing frame with a new adjustable base.
- The ease of use is one of the most important aspects to consider when buying and adjustable. The controls should be simple and easy to use, even when half asleep. If you have a partner, consider a split adjustable so that you can both find that sweet spot that will lull you into a deep slumber.
- Of course, price, durability, and warranties are also important. Find a model that offers a solid warranty for both parts and service. Most warranties are for 2 years on electronics and 5 years on the base. This time frame will vary from one brand to the next, so make sure to choose one that fits your lifestyle. For great price deals on adjustable beds, note that bed retailers offer huge discounts around holidays such as President’s Day, Memorial Day, and Labor Day.
- Use the right mattress. While this review looks at the adjustable bed bases, one key ingredient to a perfect night’s sleep – is the right mattress! A comfortable mattress and one that is flexible too is the ideal mattress. Pair your new bed base with a memory foam or latex mattress. If it’s time to renew your mattress as well we recommend The Nectar Mattress. It hugs your body, keeps your cool and is suitable for all sleeping positions, plus it comes with a 365- night home trial to ensure this is the right fit for you.
- Get the right size: The king adjustable base is the perfect size for both single sleepers and couples. If you’re after more comfort, we recommend that couples buy a split king size. The dimensions are the same, however it’s split into two accommodating two separate twin XL mattresses, placed side by side. This gives each individual the option to choose different comfort settings for their side.
Best Adjustable Bed Base Brands
We have put together a list of the top-rated adjustable beds on the market. It wasn’t the easiest task to pick out the best adjustable bed base with the hundreds of bed bases available for our review.
We looked at brand reliability, product warranties, price points, customer ratings, and size availability.
When all of the factors above come together, you will know that it’s indeed the best bed base for your adjustable bed, and the one you should probably be buying.
1. Best Adjustable Bed: Nectar Adjustable Bed Frame
Why You’ll Like: The Nectar Adjustable Bed Frame is best for those who are looking to improve circulation and reduce pressure on the spine. It has programmable memory settings for multiple users.
The Nectar’s adjustable frame has a Zero Gravity position and even a setting watching TV. The massage feature helps soothe sore muscles while also taking pressure off of the spine. It is a great option for couples who are looking for an adjustable base to share.
- 50 Night home trial
- 3 Year warranty
- Free Shipping & Returns
- Sizes: Queen, Twin XL, Full, Split King
Pros: wireless, 3-zone massage, Zero Gravity, affordable pricing, simple to set up.
Cons: Only a 3-year warranty, the frame can get noisy during an adjustment.
2. Best Adjustable Bed with Massagers: Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+
Why You’ll Like It: The Amerisleep Bed+ Base is best for those who suffer from sleep apnea, acid reflux, and heartburn. It has a wireless remote and can be linked to Alexa and Google Home.
The Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+ is made in the USA. It is decked out with a massage feature, Bluetooth-enabled control, and a lit remote. The way this adjustable function makes it easy for people with mobility issues to still reach their nightstand. Top reviews rave about the reduction in back pain and the alleviation of other conditions due to the unique angles of the bed.
- Free shipping
- 10-year warranty
- Head and foot articulation
- 3 Customizable settings
- Under bed LED lighting
- Sizes: Queen, Twin XL, Full, Queen, Cal King and Split King
Pros: Available in all sizes, 10-year warranty, simple controls, zero gravity function and programmable positions, works with any bed frame, quiet controls, full-body wave massage, anti snore presets, USB charging points, adjustable leg heights.
Cons: Slow delivery times, sits too far away from the bed, warranty is only on certain frame parts.
3. Leesa Adjustable Base
Why You’ll Love This: The Adjustable Base Bed from Leesa is best for people who want to take pressure off the spine and those who need to maintain their storage space.
The Leesa Adjustable Bed is a lifesaver for those who suffer from back and shoulder pain. It falls in the middle in terms of cost, but it performs like a higher end model. The unit can be programmed for a wide range of positions and the controls are wireless. It’s available in various sizes and has a 25-year warranty.
- 30-night, in-home trial
- USA made and assembled
- 1-Year, 3-Year and 25-Year limited warranty
- Free delivery (Ships in 3-5 business days)
- Made from birch wood, black powder-coated steel, and 100% polypropylene
- Sizes: Twin XL, Queen, Cal King and Split King
Pros: Great for co-sleepers, legs are adjustable, under-bed lighting to prevent accidents, wireless controls, two A/C USB charging ports, under bed LED lighting.
Cons: Extra cost for delivery and setup, larger beds ship in separate pieces.
4. Best Adjustable base for a Heavy Person: PlushBeds Adjustable Bed Base E455
Why You’ll Love It: The PlushBeds Adjustable Bed- Smart Elevation E455 is best for people who have leg and shoulder pain and with a weight capacity of 750-pounds – it’s a great base for heavy people. Unlike most adjustable beds, this unit can be folded up and stored.
The PlushBeds Adjustable Bed is easy to set up and can be ready to use in less than 15 minutes. It is very durable while also maintaining its affordability. Despite the lower price tag, users are able to get the comfort they need without missing out on function. With its separate head and leg adjustability, you can easily craft your perfect night’s sleep.
- Free Shipping
- 20 Year Warranty
- Multiple Sizes
- Bluetooth App
- 750-pound weight capacity on all sizes
- Foldable design
- Sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King, Split King, Split Cal King
Pros: Lit remote, three preset positions available, Zero Clearance, modular leg attachments available, elegant bed base, complete adjustable bed base, three presents (anti-snore, zero gravity and flat), 2 programmable positions.
Cons: Hard to move without assistance, a little pricey.
5. GhostBed Adjustable Base
Why You’ll Love It: The GhostBed Adjustable Base is best for those users who suffer from lower back pain, sleep apnea, and for couples. The massage features are diverse and plentiful
The GhostBed Adjustable Base allows you to adjust both your head and your feet. It has presets that can be applied to both sides for each user. There are 15 different massage modes, each of which can be used separately on each side. It has a smooth operation and a classic look that will fit any aesthetic.
- Free shipping
- 100% Steel frame
- Anti-skid fabric
- Flexible payment options
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Sizes: Twin XL, Queen, Split King
Pros: 15 massage modes, lighting under the bed, extremely quiet during adjustments, 4 USB ports, easy 20-minute assembly, zero gravity position, dual head and foot massage, under bed LED lights
Cons: Only comes with a 1-year full warranty with limitations in place beyond that, not the cheapest on our list, only 3 available sizes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need special sheets for an adjustable bed?
Take a look at our post on the best bed sheets for adjustable beds.
How much does an adjustable bed base cost?
Good quality adjustable beds are priced between $1000-$4000 depending on size and features.
Can I use an adjustable bed with my existing bed frame?
Depending on the adjustable bed. Those with a zero-clearance design work well with slatted, platform and most other bed frames.
Are adjustable beds worth it?
Being able to change the elevation of your upper and lower body during sleep is is helpful for individuals who suffer with certain health conditions such as: sleep apnea, edema, acid reflux, snoring and breathing difficulties and fibromyalgia. Raising your feet and legs assists with blood circulation and relieves pressure on your lower back and joints. Finally, adjustable beds offers the perfect upright support for watching TV or reading in bed.
Where can I find the best prices on adjustable beds?
Brands such as Nectar, Amerisleep, Leesa and most other bedding brands will often feature huge discounts on quality adjustable bed bases around the holidays. You can also find good prices on adjustable bed bases Amazon.
Is there a weight limit for an adjustable bed?
Most bedding retailers suggest not placing more 700 pounds on an adjustable base, the PlushBeds E455 adjustable bed has a 750-pound weight capacity on all its sizes.
Can you use a regular mattress on an adjustable bed?
Adjustable bed bases can be used with any mattress but adjustable bases work best with a memory foam or a latex mattress. Some innerspring mattresses may not be as flexible, depending on their build.
Helping You Pick The Right Adjustable Bed Frame Brand
There are a lot of adjustable beds on the market to choose from. With so many options it is easy to get confused about which one will best match your needs. Each of the adjustable on our list come from reputable brands known for providing solid sleep products at a reasonable price.
I hope our review of the best adjustable bed base gives you a great starting point regardless of what you happen to be in the market for.
Let us know in the comments which model worked out best for you.